Monday, July 05, 2010

The hurricane gomes home..

They say times change and people change with it. I did too..

After owning the beast for nearly 5 years, I had to let go off it for several reasons. The prime reason was a shift in profession. I have moved to Delhi. Am penning this down after having sold the Hurricane nearly 3 months back.

A lot of thought went in before I sold the Hurricane. I had the following options
1) Lock the same in the garage until I came back to Bangalore. Until then someone would start it now and then. This meant rust.
2) Leave it with Ganesh (Pushpa Auto Garage) who promised to take care of it.
3) Leave it at my hometown in Ooty and someone would start it there. The rust would settle in, but a bit later as compared to Bangalore..

In the end it was Ganesh and Suresh Stephen who got me to sell it. They said instead of it lying around, it was better of being sold. Ganesh also pointed out another thing. He said I would not build another one with as much passion and love as I had built this one.

I finally sold it to Santosh, to whom I will be transferring this blog eventually. Santosh is from Pallakad and there U guessed it...... The Jeep was going home, 42 years after it was registered there..

All the best Santosh, am sure you will put in as much love and effort as I have.

Like the good old Jeep sayin' goes... "May The Fours Be With You"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home